The best cardio exercise for weight loss is sometimes the simplest thing that people do or enjoy doing every day. They just haven’t realized yet that what they are doing are cardio exercises, which burn down fat deposits in their body. The following activities, once done properly are the best cardio for weight loss.
- Biking or Cycling – biking is one of the best weight loss exercises, which can burn down the most calories in the body if done correctly. While most people will set the gears of their bikes to have the least resistance, setting the gears of the bike to have the most resistance will make it a cardio workout. By increasing the resistance of the gears, or resistance in the case of stationary bikes, it can burn at least 250 calories per 30 minutes, up to 500 calories.
- Swimming – people who love to swim are rarely fat because of the cardio workout it can give the body. The best part about making swimming as a cardio workout is it will not make the person perspire, or they won’t feel, that they are perspiring. Thirty minutes of breast stroke can burn at least 400 calories in the body.
- Running – running is one of the cheapest cardio for weight loss workouts. All that is needed is a good pair of running shoes and all is ready. The trick is changing the pace of running now and then. Running can burn 300 calories or more, depending on the pace, every 30 minutes.
- Brisk Walking – if walking cannot be done because of a joint injury, then brisk walking is a good alternative, as it doesn’t have as much impact on the joints as running. Like running, it is recommended that the pace should alternate from slower to faster now and then. Brisk walking can burn up an average 180 calories per 30 minutes.
- Step Aerobics – the best cardio for weight loss preferred by women which mostly target the lower body parts. Normally, step aerobics can burn up to 400 calories per 30 minutes of workout.
- Rock Climbing – one of the rising hobbies that most people are currently enjoying. It increases the strength of both arms and legs and gives an incredible cardio workout. This is one of the best cardio for weight loss because it can burn 380 calories every 30 minutes of rock climbing.
- Racquetball – an indoor sport which burns up a lot of calories per minutes. Literally, each player will be competing against a wall. There is no way the player can defeat the wall, but the player will be able to burn more than 400 calories every 30 minutes of playing racquetball.